Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Craft Storage

Hi Lazy Moms! 
This is Veronica, and I'd like to share my kids crafting storage ideas!  
First of all, we do our crafting at the heart of our home, the kitchen table.  
We also eat around the kitchen table, clip coupons, read the newspaper, and pay bills- sometimes all at once.  The kitchen table is our ultimate versatile work space.  

When the kids are lucky, the craft supplies can be found in their very special storage container, next to the kitchen table. 
Here they can easily access coloring books, construction paper, workbooks, and stamps.  

In this house, we consider markers and stamping ink controlled substances.  The kids must ask for access to these tools.  This has successfully kept our walls, couches and floors mostly clear from kid scribbles.  
 
We keep our controlled substances in a locked cabinet 
Inside are our wonders including our magical ziplock bag of markers. 
I store the puzzles, beads, and playdoh in here too.  None of these are things that I want the kids having without supervision. My #1 lazy mom tip is that if you don't want to clean, lock up the stuff that makes a mess. 

Scissors and tape, useful adult supplies, are kept in a junk drawer in the the kitchen. The kids can reach these things, but it's a compromise we make so that the adults can use these things too. Our 5 year old would never touch them because I've trained him well, but our 3 year old thinks she has full access.  I will often find her wielding those massive blue scissors, cutting up an advertisement from verizon (and hopefully not a bill).  

There's my toes and my jammies! 

We do have things like paint and glitter, but I'm no dummy.  I keep that stuff where the kids forget about it.  I only have to pull it out a couple of times a year.  Just for your sake, I'll show you how I store it. 
Cardboard box in a drawer in the the closet. 


Happy Crafting and share your lazy mom craft storage ideas in the comments below! 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Our paint lives in a very high cabinet in the kitchen. I need a stool to get it.

    ReplyDelete